Monday, December 3, 2012

November Purchases & Gifts!

I am developing a liking for a CHANEL blushers! Last month I bought myself two, the Ombre Contraste in Notorious which is a limited edition sculpting powder (from Les Essentiels Fall/Winter 2012) and 73 Star Dust from the Eclats du soir de Chanel Holiday 2012 collection. 

Notorious is perfect for contouring and initially, I sniggered at the morbid colour, wondering who would want to look ashen and dull. But I take it all back!! It is the perfect shade of "shadow" and looks so good on. 

Star Dust was a bit of an impulse buy, I grabbed it without testing it out. It gave off a daytime appropriate glow which I used for friend's morning wedding gatecrash. The fine sparkles gave me a nice subtle glow look when dusted over my cheeks. I really like the quality of these blushers and would love to add a few more colours to my stash.

Rouge, a deep red, from the Byzance collection (pre-Fall 2011) is one that I missed out on and have been eyeing for a piece to pop up on eBay to no avail. When I read that they re-released it in Australia as part of the permanent line, I got a friend to pick it up. So happy!! I will have my Rouge end of this month!! I also picked up the polish in Malice and a CLARINS lippie in Lilac Pink.

I am still on a skincare/bodycare ban- all of the below were either gifted to me or samples from counters.
L'OCCITANE, GUERLAIN, THALGO, MELVITA, CLARINS
Random items from DAISO, the best place for cheap thrills. At MYR5 a pop I picked up Hello Kitty plastic bags, a mouspad, bunny aluminium foil.. and other odd bits.

Haven't bought clothes for the longest time ever! H&M x Maison Martin Margiela belt and leggings, H&M basic dresses for work- so affordable plus good quality too. The last I visited, the MMM collaboration was being sold at 50% off, a little less than 3 weeks after it launched! I only picked up a belt and leggings so I didn't feel the burn. But for those who splurged especially on the leather pants and shoes, OUCH! Sparkly belts from Dorothy Perkins.
A pile of clothes from Kenanga Wholesale City- this place is crazyyyyy, 8 floors of shopping- super affordable and surprisingly good quality for the price, the fabric used are thick and heavy. Items I picked were going for MYR25-35 per piece (around USD8-12). The only downside to the place is that you'd have to buy ALL the colours/sizes to get the low prices. And not all shops are of the same quality so you have to check each piece. But all-in-all, it was a good deal! 

December is here which means 2013 is just around the corner. The older I get, the faster time flies I swear.


2 comments:

  1. I went Kenanga once but I just bought 1 t-shirt. I find the type of clothes they have there are a bit ra-ra for me =S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the shops are selling tacky/sheer stuff and shortshorts but I've shortlisted my faves to one or two only. Those sell really awesome zara-like stuff. Quality is great too.. maybe will post up some of them (: let you be the judge

      Delete