Friday, May 31, 2013

Empties: May 2013

Almost into the 2nd half of the year, and so far I've been living off previous purchases and gifts but I might need to get some shampoo next month. I am currently using a Joico set that I received for my birthday (and before that I was using another L'Oreal set gifted for my birthday as well).

A few of the products emptied this month are staples in my current routine, I am quite happy with my skin at the moment. It's not at its best yet, but it is getting there.

Face care
1. CLARINS Gentle Peeling Smooth Away Cream [sample] I didn't like this very much but forced my way through a few tubes, it's supposed to be good for sensitive skin but I much prefer the other exfoliator from this brand.

2. CLARINS Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind [sample] Reviewed here previously. Would consider getting this as my 2nd cleanser to use after makeup remover at night.

3. CLARINS Lotus Face Treatment Oil BEST FACE OIL FOR SENSITIVE, CONGESTED, OILY, PRONE TO BREAKOUTS AND RED SKIN! This is my Must-Have product of all time!! Am on my 4th bottle, and based on previous empties, one bottle lasts me 2 months. I use 10 drops at night mixed with the Iris Toner (from CLARINS as well) and lightly press it into my skin. Under normal conditions you are supposed to only use 3-4 drops and it absorbs well without residue but my skin loves it so I'm okay with 10 plus I don't use a night cream after so the extra oil is okay for me. LOVE!

4. CLARINS Pore Minimizing Serum Another much loved product, as displayed here. Keeps my skin purified and I don't even need touch ups anymore during office hours. I use this as my first serum then followed by the 2nd below.

5. CLARINS Multi-Active Skin Renewal Serum I'm still on the fence with this serum, I do notice my skin being smoother and not as dull as from 3 months back but somehow I expected more? It doesn't break me out at all (yay!) so I am keeping it in my regime for now, plus I still have another bottle gifted by my mother.

6. Aesop. Control A treatment for acne-prone skin, I use this on blemishes which are forming and no, it doesn't make them disappear or shrink them- instead it brings the gunk to the surface and pops it quicker. I've mentioned before that I much prefer toxins out than in so shrinking the blemish is a no-go in my books. The only downside is sometimes I get unexpected bumps when applied on a seemingly tiny spot. I still have one more tube in my stash.



7. 8. & 9. L'OCCITANE Verbena Body Lotion [Trials] I received a bunch of these and FINALLY! they are all used up. I don't love the scent plus I did not find it very moisturizing, it did absorb very quickly though.

10. CLARINS Eau Dynamisante Shower Gel I like the scent, am considering getting the fragrance when I finish up more perfumes.

11. Escada Rockin' Rio 100ml EDT I used to love Escada scents when I was in college, sweet and fruity, but now they don't appeal to me anymore. Its still smells nice, just not on me so I was using this as a bathroom spray.

12. L'OCCITANE Green Tea Scented Candle I really like this candle, but it doesn't burn very well. The scent is refreshing and crisp, but too bad the sides just didnt melt despite me trimming the wick and shaving the wax down.

Total January - May: 117

Previous Empties:
January
February
March
April

2 comments:

  1. Love your empties! I see you're quite the Clarins fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trishie, yes I am quite the fan :D Its one of the few brands which doesnt cause my sensitive skin to act up!

      Delete