Monday, April 22, 2013
CHANEL Rose Cache, purchased circa end 2011, but only painted on for the first time last weekend.
I need to rotate my polishes more often!
This is a semi-opaque colour, I used 2 coats but my tips were still showing- less obvious in person.
An easy colour for when I can't decide what to have on my nails.
I used CHANEL Protective Base, 2 coats of Rose Cache and no top coat.
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Last Saturday, I woke up with the sniffles and decided to burn some essential oils to feel better.
A few drops of Oil into a pool of water. Inhale deeply and let your thoughts drift.
It's called aromatherapy for a reason.
Everyone's been a little under the weather lately, load up on water and remember to always make time for r&r.
Labels: Saturday Scent
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Dior Nymphea 307 nail polish is Love! Missed out on CHANEL's Nouvelle Vague, not willing to pay USD100+ for a bottle of polish so this is as close as it gets.
Etude House base (getting gloopy), 2 coats of polish, and no top coat (yet).
Got too excited with the colour, forgot to clean off the sides before taking pictures.
More swatches and comparisons from the same collection here.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Found some extra reeds lying around so I used them straight instead of decanting it into a proper diffuser. This is a warm scent, makes the room feel cozy and comfortable.
I've placed this in a corner near my computer/work area so the scent doesn't interfere with any candle burning business which is usually done on my night stand.
So far, I like it! It's supposed to last approximately 4 weeks.
Monday, April 1, 2013
After so many years of buying and using products; I have only recently figured out how long a product lasts me. At one point I had 4 makeup removers open, 3 body creams, 2 face washes, 2 moisturizers.. and the list goes on.
Now that there is only ONE of each item open, my bathroom and makeup dresser is looking less cluttered plus I can confidently say a bottle of makeup remover lasts me 2 months, same goes for toner (used twice a day), 30ml face oil- 3 months (I use mine in everything: moisturizer, on its own, in my mask..) and a 200ml body lotion/cream about 1 month+ (at least once a day).
I have about 10 jars/bottles of body cream still unopened and it was getting quite daunting not knowing how long it would take to go through them. Good to know I'm covered until next year.
1. 2. & 3. CHANEL Hydramax Range [samples]
4. sukin Facial moisturizer, 5. sukin Foaming facial cleanser I LOVE both of these products, would definitely repurchase, detailed review to follow soon.
5. CLARINS BB cream [sample] Best BB cream I have tried, and I have tried many. I find it even better than the CHANEL CC cream and I am usually quite biased towards all things CHANEL. Great coverage, soothing, long lasting, non-oily/cakey. LOVE!
6., 7. CLARINS Multi-Active Skin Renewal Serum [sample, trial]
8. CLARINS Whitening Pure Aqua-Lotion
9. DARPHIN Overnight Refining Lotion
10. CLARINS Lotus Face Treatment Oil I am currently on my 3rd bottle, THIRD! Words can not express how much this has done for my skin. Detailed review to follow.
11. THALGO Collagen Cream Only reason I got this was because some lousy facial place in PUBLIKA refused to refund my money (long story short they changed their mind not to let me use my credit from previously for the facial I did that day) but allowed me for a product claim so I did and swore never to return. Seriously the worst facial parlour I've been. I have really sensitive skin so I need a bit of time to figure out if my skin is okay with the facial I just did that day. I told the beautician I would let her know the next day if I wanted to sign on as I live 5 minutes away. Seems fair right? Not to them.Where else would you hear a "Manager" tell her clients "Are you not signing because of the price? Well if you have the money maybe you should sign on for the package first, I can guarantee you results". Excellent service, Icone de beaute! But I digress, the cream is actually not too shabby but nothing excellent either.
12. CLARINS Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind [trial] Review here.
13. YSL Top Secrets Cleansing Oil-in-Gel Full review here.
14 & 15. CLARINS Body Shaping Cream [Trial]
16. CLARINS Exfoliating Body Scrub for a New Skin [Trial]
17. I love... Strawberries & milkshake body butter Creamy, fluffy body cream which smells delicious enough to eat! Leaves my skin feeling moisturized, I only use this as night.
18. CLARINS Foot Beauty Treatment Cream [sample] I used to apply my body moisturizer on my feet and toes as well and they ALWAYS left a greasy feeling the day after when I wore my shoes. I never knew foot cream existed until I tried this. It absorbs really quickly and doesn't leave any residue! Would consider repurchasing.
19. di paloma Orange Blossom hand cream, 30ml Absorbs quickly and comes in a few lovely scents as well.
20. CLARINS Renew-Plus Body Serum [trial] A serum for your body! Amazing stuff, I LOVE this. I use it under my body cream weekly as a treatment.
21. WELLA Enrich Shampoo [trial]
22. L'OCCITANE Verbena Shampoo [trial]
23. L'OREAL Color-Vive Conditioner
25. Lancome Lip Gloss
26. Heroine Make Eyebrow Pencil in Blonde Love this pencil, worked when I had very light hair and even now when my hair is dark. The key is trimming your eyebrows shorter so you can "colour in" more (when you have light hair). Now that my hair is dark, I don't need to trim it so short so I just use it to fill in my brows. Mismatched brows are a big no-no!
Total January - March: 78