Friday, March 22, 2013

Product: YSL TOP SECRETS Integral Cleansing Oil-in-Gel




I firmly believe that anyone who uses any makeup at all should double-cleanse. I have tried quite a few face makeup removers: Shu Uemura (almost all), DHC, Biore, CHANEL, and some Japanese brands which I don't remember; and I still have a few brand new, unopened ones waiting their turn. Generally a good one should leave your face clean of all traces of makeup, without any residue.

Many fashion houses have tapped into the beauty/skincare market and YSL is no different. I picked up the TOP SECRETS Integral Cleansing Oil-in-Gel during one of my Melbourne visits.

"Who can be better at removing make-up than a colour expert? For every woman addicted to high-colour make-up Yves Saint Laurent offers expert and easy cleaning products adapted to every make-up style- from the most sophisticated- and to any skin type."


"Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets Cleansing Oil-In-Gel is a make-up remover that dissolves heavy make-up. This oil-in-gel formula that goes on as an oil and then turns to liquid as you massage it into your skin to remove your make-up. Suitable for all skin types including sensitive, it leaves the skin cleansed without drying."


"Efficiently eliminatse intense and long-lasting face and eyes make-up while perfectly respecting the skin, even the most sensitive. Instantly, face and eyes are free of make-up and impurities. The skin is softened and the complexion is radiant in a pleasant comfort sensation.The high-performing make-up remover for "intense make-up addicts" who look for the best make-up removal efficiency associated with absolute comfort."



"This delightful melting gel adheres to the skin to trap impurities and make-up upon massaging. Upon contact with water, it becomes a light emulsion that cleans off make-up, even long-lasting formula, and leaves the skin impeccable and soft. A sensorial texture formulated with:
-a sucrose ester associated with fine oil to perfectly eliminate impurities and make-up from face and eyes without any oily feeling.
-a cocktail of vegetal oils to restore the skin's lipidic barrier and comfort the skin."

In a nutshell, YSL says: "Experience the softness and the voluptuous pleasure of an oil-in-gel texture which wraps the skin in a pleasant comfort sensation. Totally cleansed and free of resistant make-up and pigments, face and eyes are perfectly clean. The skin is soft and silky smooth to the touch, the complexion recovers its radiance. Day after day, skin remains supple and comfortable, even after frequent make-up removals. Suitable for sensitive skins, ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested."

My thoughts: It does live up to it's claims- the texture is quite different and it is very comfortable to use. The scent is also something which I like, it has a hint of natural sweetness, nothing overpowering or harsh smelling. Performance wise, it does a good job of removing my makeup completely. I usually use a separate remover for my eyes as most face removers don't do a good job, but I tested it out with this product and it performed wonderfully! My sensitive skin did not react to it at all, however I can't vouch for the radiance claim.

My only gripe is the packaging, which comes in a screw tube. I can't leave it open after I squeeze the product out as I fear getting water in, plus I have this odd thinking that the longer a product is exposed to air, the higher the chances of it being contaminated. Which leaves me balancing the gel on my palms and trying to screw the cap back on. I would've much liked it to come in a flip-top.

Overall, quite a nice product to have! My tube lasted me for about 2 months (there's still a bit more), and I will be starting on the SK-II Cleansing Oil after.

1 comment:

  1. I've been using the SKII cleansing oil since Dec 2012. Love it! HG! :)

    ReplyDelete