Friday, April 15, 2011

High tea at Shangri-La

About a month ago we celebrated YL's birthday at Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. We wanted something different from the usual fine dine, surprise party, group dinner, so we decided to have a High Tea celebration instead!
We kept getting carried away chatting about everything under the sun, and we had to keep reminding each other to order first, THEN talk. There were 5 of us and we decided on a Malaysian set and 2 English sets. Each set came with either a pot of tea or a coffee.

Sugar sticks!
English on the left, Malaysian on the right
The scones and little sandwiches were good but the macarons were a bit meh :/ I am picky when it comes to macarons and so far the best I have tasted in KL are from KL Hilton.

Pretty maids all in a row..
In the end we had too much food leftover, we should really learn how to control ourselves. No more over ordering! High tea at Lobby Lounge is actually pretty good, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who's up for some tea.

After that we headed over to Pavilion for a little shopping, but not before we checked out Sno. They blend frozen yoghurt with various toppings- you can make your own combo or just pick from their list! All orders are put through via an iPad, they have up to 3 (or was it 4?) iPads built into their counters.
How cool!
YUMMEH!
 Pictures at Sno are taken from Jagi's blog. We each had one and it was pretty yummy and filling- I had an original froyo blended with twix and honey.

My look for that day was very simple, my highlight was actually a necklace my sister got me. 
no lippie..
with lippie..
My contacts look a little too large for me and in some pictures it is as if my eyes can't focus. What do you think? Chuck em or keep em? Also, I am trying to grow my brows out so I can reshape them like this blogger, Nic. And yes, I am aware that one side has an arch and one doesn't. But I swear it isn't that obvious in person.

It's Friday already and I can't believe it! 5 more Saturdays and I will be back in Melbourne for my yearly pilgrimage! So much to do and see.. and EAT :D 

8 comments:

  1. everything looks super yummy!! i totally ♥ sweets! i also love your necklace, very spring-like :D i don't think the contacts are too big, they're cute ;) which brand are they?
    lippi~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a fun time! I totally wish that there was a place here where I live where they serve high tea! I would be there all the time. And the sanrio booth pics have such adorable borders!

    ♥laura
    ps. As per your request, I put up the recipe for my pasta on my blog!
    http://bit.ly/eIM6Nw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lippi: i have no idea what brand the contacts are but I got them from a blogger at Chuckei.com, she doesnt reveal the brand because ppl try to steal her images then sell contacts claiming to be the ones she wears :/

    laura: those arent actually sanrio booth pictures, they were taken with an instant camera my sister gave me :D btw, thank you for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jargs u and yileng share the same kinda chin.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. xc: heart shaped face! :D mine was just a good angle hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Xen! everything looks so yummy!i've always wondered on what is usually there during high tea. thanks to you, i've finally figured it out. i love your look! can't wait to read more about your taiwan blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW just what I waѕ searching for. Came hегe by searching for search engineѕ

    Alѕo visit my ωеb page; dallas seo company

    ReplyDelete
  8. Itѕ like yоu read my mind! You seem to κnоw a lot about this, like you ωгote the book in it оr sοmеthing.
    I think that уou cοulԁ dο ωith a fеw pics to drіve
    thе message home a bit, but instead of that, thіs is great blog.
    Аn eхcellent read. I will cеrtainly be back.


    Stop by mу blog ... house for rent plano

    ReplyDelete