Thursday, October 30, 2014

Empties: September 2014

My empties posts are have been a little repetitive in the past months, as I have been sticking to a range of products which work for my skin type. I will probably cease writing them in 2015, instead focusing more on new additions to my beauty line-up. 

My beauty stash is considerably smaller compared to a few years back, and I've also learnt to read labels and be more conscious of the products I purchase as well. No more hoarding body lotions and buying 101 eye shadows or cleansers. I'm glad that I challenged myself to take on this monthly project as it really forced me to reassess what I needed and actually used.


I read somewhere that clay masks are all the same, the expensives ones do not differ much from drugstore brands, and after trying a number I think I am ready to agree. REN Invisible Pores Detox Mask worked the same for me as the other clay masks I've used. The only difference is, you are encouraged to gently rub off the mask (once dry) to exfoliate the skin. The CLARINS Extra-Comfort Cleansing Cream is one which I reach for when my skin is irritated, it soothes my skin while removing my makeup well. I only use this once in a few months which is why it lasted for so long (there's a new formula & packaging out already). 

The sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser which has been review many times. I always make sure to have at least 1 bottle backed-up. My final bottle of the Melvita Eau florale de Rose, and the CHANEL Le Blanc Serum which I used on my arms (too scented to go on my face, not ready to risk another round of breakouts). It has a nice scent and absorbs well, but brightening isn't one of my skin concerns. The La Mer Eye Balm Intense is a light eye cream, I do enjoy the La Mer signature scent and though this was nice and light, I have found similarly performing eye creams at a fraction of the price. The Lucas Papaw Ointment is a multi-purpose paste, I used it as a lip mask, as well as on dry elbows.


I've used the L'Occitane Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner before and though I do like the scent, I've found a replacement for them which is less pricey and performs just as well. A staple in my bathroom is the CLARINS Tonic Bath & Shower Concentrate, I am going through all my travel sizes but I do have full-sizes backed-up. I just love the scent!

The Sephora Caramel shower gel was a nice warm scent, but I still much prefer the Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Bath Creme. I am also a hair mask addict, I usually use them in replacement of a conditioner. The Schwarzkopf Hydro Collagen Intensive Mask is a very light gel-ish mask which didn't weigh my hair down. It was okay, nothing special, the one with Liquid Keratin is much better.

My body lotion for the month was Sophie Monk x Little Twin Stars, which has a green apple scent. Absorbs fast but wasn't particularly moisturizing. Lastly, is the Smoothing Body Scrub which is from a redemption, I'm not too fussed with body scrubs as long as they don't hurt. It comes out in a pink paste and has the classic Clarins scent.

Total January - September: 103


No comments:

Post a Comment