Wednesday, October 29, 2014

SHISEIDO: Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate

Been so long since I've used anything from Shiseido! The last time was when I was still a teen and I remember persuading (hounding relentlessly more like it) my mother to get me the 3-piece kit from their Pureness range (probably lured in by the box set which none of the other brands had).

Yes, that is I floating in the reflection LOL
Almost every Asian skincare brand has a "pre-serum", here's an excerpt of what the Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate is:

"The ultimate concentrate for enhancing skin's inherent multi-defensive power against signs of aging, environmental factors and daily stress. 
Day by day, your skin becomes smoother and more resilient making wrinkles less noticeable and your complexion appears to glow with more radiance than ever. 
Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate is for all women of all ages. It works with your skincare to boost the benefits of your regimen, no matter your concerns.
Shiseido's exclusive Ultimune Complex helps boost defensive functions that have declined in Langerhans Cells, the cells that hold the key to promoting skin's multi-defensive power. 


In one week, skin appears to glow more than ever.

In 4 weeks: firmness and resilience are improved, making wrinkles less visible.
Apply morning and night after cleansing and softening the face. 


When using other serums, apply Ultimune first to enhance the benefits of the following treatments."


image source: Angelic Betrayal

The ingredient list doesn't look very promising for sensitive skin users (alcohol is second on the list!) but I was assured it would be okay. Tested it out for a week, applied 3 pumps religiously day and night. It absorbs fairly well and my face was left smooth but not in a silicone-y way. The floral scent is detectable but in no way overwhelming.

image source: Ashley Yeen

Mighty claims and though it didn't break me out or encourage oiliness, my skin didn't look quite changed. Somehow it was plump-ed up but my BB cream didn't look as smooth on. I did not experience any irritation with this product. The glass packaging is lovely on the counter but butter-fingers should beware. It has slipped my toner-wet-fingers at least once in the past week.

A summary of the "pre-serum"s that I've used:
SK-II Facial treatment Lotion: My face started breaking out on the second bottle, and the scent took a while to get used to.

Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum: My favourite of the lot, has a herbal scent but I like it, also absorbs very well. My skin liked this the best!

Clarins Daily Energizer Wake-Up Booster: Discontinued in Asia but I still have a bottle left. The scent is refreshing (orange?) and very light as well. It says to use before toner but I use it after.

Next on the list are: La Mer Treatment Lotion as well as the Estee Lauder Micro Essence.

If you've tried the above but haven't found a suitable pre-serum, this could be the product for you.


Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate is priced at RM255//30ml and RM355//50ml.



No comments:

Post a Comment