Thursday, January 13, 2011

Project365: Day #13


For dinner today, I made a simple Spicy Tuna ricebowl for JagiBOY and I had Spicy Tuna handrolls.

So simple to make and very tasty too.

Cooking and preparing food is therapeutic for me and I love my own cooking. My sister says I'm not allowed to say stuff like that; but it's true! Only I know how I want my food to taste and it gives me great pleasure, not to mention a sense of achievement when I manage to create the taste I imagined.

At the risk of sounding full of myself, I actually crave for my own food sometimes- beef stew, roast lamb, tomato beef fried rice, peach crumble, chicken macaroni bake.. mmMmm the list goes on.

I really enjoy cooking and baking but the cleaning up part, not so much.

I'll leave you guys with this simple recipe fr Spicy Tuna rolls/bowls:
You will need- 1. a chunk of raw tuna (make sure it is red and fresh) or even salmon, 2. Japanese mayo, 3. Chilli flakes (get the Japanese kind which comes in a little bottle) and 4. A little bit of sesame oil.

Dice the raw fish into tiny cubes and place it in a bowl. Add in mayo, start with a tablespoon and then add as much or as little as you like. If you like it spicy, add heaps of chilli flakes- the level of spiciness is really up to you. Finish with a dash or two of sesame oil to taste and mix it all up with chopsticks (I find it easier to use than a fork cause it doesn't stick).

Roll it up with some rice and seaweed or just place it atop a bowl of rice as above. Slice some cucumbers or avocado and you're good to go!

You can also add ebiko or tobiko for a little crunch. I finished mine with some shredded seaweed and tamago. Enjoy!


...sent from iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment